Roots Systems Ltd are World Leaders in the design, manufacture and production of skid mounted rotary compressors for the oil and gas industry.
We invest in advanced machinery and seek out opportunities to reduce our carbon footprint, whilst our streamlined production flow allows us to deliver on-time.
We are proud to be a family business and work as a team so all of our employees feel a sense of inclusion, support and belonging.
If you are customer focussed, solutions orientated and strive for excellence then you could be just what our business is looking for.
The Package Blower and Build Fitter (Mechanical) will lead and help develop the package build, ensuring the achievement of manufacturing goals related to quality, delivery and safety are met.
For this role you will need to have experience and knowledge of working with different materials of construction (mild/carbo/stainless/aluminium/nonferrous). You will also need understanding and experience in the specifications, standards and expectations of supplying equipment within the petrochemical industry. A Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship or equivalent experience is desirable.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- The assembly of mechanical fabrications using basic hand, electric and pneumatic tools.
- The assembly of large bore (up to 300mm) carbon and stainless-steel flanged process pipework including connections to silencers, valves and control equipment.
- The building of blower units to specification.
- The forming, installation and termination of stainless-steel instruments, process pipework and associated controls.
- The manufacture of minor brackets and similar small fabrications using hand and power tools
Our ideal candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to enable them to quickly establish effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
The candidate will be self-motivated with a desire to set high standards of work performance, be innovative and open to new ideas.
Benefits of working for the Rotolok Group
- Competitive salary (dependent on qualifications and experience)
- Annual company pay review and individual merit award review
- Overtime available to workshop hourly paid employees
- Basic hours. Workshop (39 hours per weel): Monday to Thursday – 08.00 to 16.30 Friday – 08.00 to 15.30
- Generous Bonus Scheme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 30 days annual leave (includes 8 days statutory bank holidays) plus our ‘Flexible Holiday Trading Scheme’
- Life Assurance Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Income Protection Plan (after qualifying period)
- Employee Support and Perks Package
- Free car parking
- Investment in our employees through learning and development
- Flexible and family friendly policies
We encourage early application as we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if suitable candidates are found. If you would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact Roots Systems Limited on 01453 826581
CLOSING DATE: 3 January 2023