Roots Systems Ltd are World Leaders in the design, manufacture and production of skid mounted rotary compressors for the oil and gas industry, environmental projects and many other applications.
We invest in advanced machinery and seek out opportunities to reduce our carbon footprint, whilst our streamlined production flow allows us to deliver on-time.
We are proud to be a family business and work as a team so all of our employees feel a sense of inclusion, support and belonging.
If you are customer focussed, solutions orientated and strive for excellence then you could be just what our business is looking for.
Due to our continual production expansion, we are currently looking to recruit a Project Engineer (Mechanical and/or E&I).
For this role candidates will need to hold a suitable engineering qualification or have proven experience.
This role would ideally suit somebody who values the importance of attention to detail and has the ability to work using their own initiative whilst also being part of a team. Excellent communication skills and being commercially aware are essential for the role. Oil and gas experience would be an asset but you could equally be from a capital equipment or similar background.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Required to run and control all aspects of design and production of custom-built packages handling a variety of gases.
- The raising of purchase order specifications and bills of materials ensuring project costs are monitored and maintained.
- Raising technical specifications for steel work/piping components, (mechanical), and/or motors/instruments (E&I) and all necessary supporting items.
- Working with the design team (drawing office) to produce required technical drawings for both production and client’s requirements.
- Assist in the scheduling and monitoring of timescales.
- Liaising directly with clients to ensure requirements are met and engineering specifications complied with.
- Understanding and complying with regulatory processes.
- Controlling the manufacture of pressure vessels to ASME VIII & PD5500 and liaising with outside vendors.
- Understanding of material specifications.
- Understanding of IEC standards (E&I).
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to be flexible for business requirements.
Benefits of working for the Rotolok Group
- Competitive salary (dependent on qualifications and experience)
- Annual company pay review and individual merit award review
- Overtime available to workshop hourly paid employees
- Basic hours. Monday to Thursday – 0830 to 17.00 Friday – 08.30 to 14.30 [30 minutes unpaid lunch break each day]
- Generous Bonus Scheme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 30 days annual leave (includes 8 days statutory bank holidays) plus our ‘Flexible Holiday Trading Scheme’
- Life Assurance Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Income Protection Plan (after qualifying period)
- Employee Support and Perks Package
- Free car parking
- Investment in our employees through learning and development
- Flexible and family friendly policies
Candidates will need to live within commuting distance of Stonehouse or be willing to relocate to the area. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor a Visa Application for this vacancy.
We encourage early application as we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if suitable candidates are found. If you would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact Roots Systems Limited on 01453 826581
CLOSING DATE: 30 September 2022